How to Make Carpet Fluffy Again?
Carpeting is part of our house and remains on our floors for an extended period. After some time, it is noticed that the carpet condition becomes unfluffy. Several valuable tips are used which can make our carpet fluffy again. If you are finding how to make carpet fluffy again then you are at the right place. Follow our guide and make your carpet fluffy again.
Method 1: Make Carpet Fluffy again with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Shag carpets and older carpets are easy to make fluffy after complete treatment. Not only fluffy sanitizing is also possible with this simple step technique that we are going to describe here. Both vinegar and baking soda help clean, deodorize and kill the bacteria.
Only a few people know that baking soda can damage a vacuum cleaner. It happens with low price bagless vacuum cleaners. During vacuuming with cheap machines, allergens leak through the exhaust. Bagged vacuum and mid-priced stick vacuum should be your choice for keeping our environment better. Good quality vacuum cleaners contain the ability to suck baking soda at the root level of the carpet.
- Vacuum cleaner
- White vinegar
- Misting spray bottle
- Stiff bristle brush
- Several boxes of baking soda
- Warm water
The following step needed to Use Baking Soda:
- Vacuum the carpet first to remove loose debris.
- Take baking soda and spread it on the surface of the carpet.
- Use a stiff brush at several angles to deeply penetrate carpet fibers with baking soda.
- Now, wait 12 hours after spreading baking soda on the carpet surface.
- Now using a vacuum cleaner, vacuum the entire carpet thoroughly.
- Take a spray bottle and put water and vinegar in an equal ratio. Spray this mixture on the carpet surface.
- Bristle brush will help straighten the fiber when you move it on the carpet fiber circular, back and forth direction.
- Don’t allow traffic on the carpet until completely dry.
Method 2: Make Carpets Fluffy Again Using Heat Iron:
Heat is the best way of making carpet fluffy again because it is noticed that heat loosens the carpet fiber. Following, we describe a practical way to help make carpet fluffy again with easy steps.
There are different heat sources that we can use for making carpet fluffy. Some people use iron, and others give importance to hair dryers. We will guide you about the iron procedure in this article.
Iron heating methods or hairdryers are helpful for small areas not suitable for large rugs.
- Damp towel
- Carpet comb, carpet rake, stiff bristle brush, or fork
- Vacuum cleaner
The following step needed to use Heat:
- Start by vacuuming the carpet.
- Turn iron heat low or medium.
- Take a piece of damp cloth.
- Put the damp cloth on the matted areas.
- Now put the iron on top of the dampened cloth and press for a few seconds.
- Use the same procedure for the carpet areas needing fluffing.
- For getting back, carpet fibers condition, use a comb, brush, or fork. They will help to separate and fluff the carpet fiber.
- Repeat all procedures until the carpet becomes fluffy.
- Let the carpet dry thoroughly.
- After drying, use a vacuum again for lifting unwanted debris.
The use of combs and rakes provide good results on high pile carpet. If you have a low pile carpet, you should use a bristle brush or kitchen fork.
Method 3. Make Carpet Fluffy again Using Melting Ice:
Melting ice is not a known way to make carpet fluffy. Melting ice for carpet fluffing sounds crazy. If you want a small area of the rug fluffy, then you can try this method. Large rugs require a shampooer for dealing with this problem. Follow our method to make the carpet area fluffy with melting ice.
- Vacuum cleaner
- Carpet comb or fork
- Soft bristle brush
- Several ice cubes
- Clean white towel
The following step needed to use Melting Ice:
- Vacuuming is necessary for starting any method.
- Now use ice on the carpet affected areas. We recommend using 1 or 2 ice cubes for a small area or a higher number of cubes if treating a big piece of rug.
- Wait for a few minutes until the ice cube melts on the treating area. Sometimes ice cubes take more time just because of room temperature.
- Now you need a towel or cloth to blot up the water. Don’t use a color towel or cloth. The cloth may leave color on the carpet.
- If you want to enjoy extra fluffy, use a carpet comb or fork to encourage standing the carpet fibers. Rub the area with your finger if both are not available.
- A soft brush is another way that can stand up the fibers when you will move it in a circular motion on the carpet.
Method 4: Make Carpet Fluffy Using Rake Carpet:
Rakes is a unique or professional tool specifically designed to get a deep cleaning and fluffing for the carpet. Rakes ensure you don’t need to use your knees and hands all day on the carpet surface for getting desired results.
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Carpet Rake
- Bristled Brush
The following step needed using Rake:
- As mentioned above, start each method with vacuuming.
- Start placing the rake in one direction as the first step. Be Careful, don’t go deep in the first step that causes many problems.
- Now in the second step, use the pull and push motion. Pull and push motion will further help to restore the carpet fluffiness.
- If you want good results, then vacuum once again.
- High pile carpet owners want to use a third rack for better results, but it is not recommended.
- Take a carpet comb or bristle brush to groom the carpet in the last step. First, move the brush in the same direction, then use it back and forth.
Method 5: Make Carpet Fluffy Using Blow Dryer Method
- A blow dryer is an effective way that helps to make the carpet fluffy.
- Take a spray bottle and put warm water inside the bottle.
- Don’t use hot water because hot water damages the carpet fibers.
- Spray warm water on the affected area. Avoid using enough spray because extra water inside carpet fiber can ruin the carpet.
- The next step starts with the hairdryer. Plug the hairdryer and start the job.
- Set the hairdryer on low heat and high fan for better results.
- Move the hairdryer to the carpet flatter area where you spray warm water.
- Keep 6 inches distance between the hairdryer and carpet.
- When the carpet looks dry, rub the area with your fingers first in one direction and then back and forth. A soft bristle brush or carpet comb can use for this purpose.
Method 6: Make Carpet Fluffy Using a rug beater
A rug beater is a valuable tool primarily used at home for removing dust and dirt from the carpet. Rug beaters loosen the dirt that sticks inside the fiber root level.
Rug beaters are an old method, or if you do not have any other tool available, you can use this method on the carpet. A cheap vacuum cleaner cannot reach the result of a rug beater. Low-quality vacuum cleaners can extract small amounts of dirt. Rug beaters get dirt from the root level and make carpet condition back like new.
Tips to Keep Your Carpet Fluffy
- Change furniture and other heavy accessories position from time to time
- Try to use a furniture coaster under all heavy items. Coaster will distribute the weight.
- The fluffy carpet requires vacuuming every week.
- Avoid placing shoes on the carpet.
- Reduce the amount of dirt using different ways, like doormats and curdles that allow less dirt inside the room.
- Vacuuming and deep cleaning both are necessary after a specific time cycle.
Bissell Natural Sweep Carpet and Floor Sweeper with Dual Rotating System and Two-Corner Edge Brushes
Bissell has been a leading company providing quality cleaning products for decades. Bissell Natural Sweep Carpet and floor sweeper are designed to deal with daily dust, dirt, and pet stains. In our experience, we have noticed this sweeper provides help to make carpet fiber fluffy. Bissell donated a small amount from each purchase to the animals. Buying a Bissell means protecting the animals, in other words.
There are several advantages of this sweeper: it can be used on carpets, hardwood floors, tiles, etc. the weight of this machine is admirable, and the compact design allows it to save at short places. Bissell sweeper makes carpet fluffy, just like new. You don’t need to use any other method if Bissell is available at your home.
You can also read: How to remove washable marker from the carpet
you can like this: Can you vacuum wet carpet
Do you vacuum the rug?
Carpet vacuuming is necessary for the long life of the carpet. Regular vacuuming ensures no dust and dirt and keeps the carpet condition fluffy.
How do you stop your carpet from flattening?
Different people give different opinions regarding carpet flattening. Some people use barriers under heavy items like furniture and bed legs. We recommend using a vacuum after every short period and a steam cleaner to make the carpet condition fluffy.
What type of carpet does not flatten?
Carpet experts are touting textured Saxony as a “trackless” carpet. This type of carpet does not flatten.
You brush your hair; why would your carpet be any different?
You can treat your carpet with a comb or bristle brush like your hair. This combing method helps to make the carpet fluffy. Move the heavy items on the carpet from one place to another. Use a vacuum cleaner regularly, especially when you move furniture then. Must use a vacuum cleaner at that place for reviving the carpet condition.